Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 9th October 2017
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough; Cllr P Crumpton; Cllr A Ferraby; Cllr J Gough; Cllr L Watkins; Cllr B Clark.
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm, 12 Parishioners.
1. Apologies for absence: None.
2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
3. Co-options: Barry Clark was proposed by Cllr Crumpton and seconded by Cllr J Gough and unanimously RESOLVED to co-opt as a Councillor with immediate effect.
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 14th August 2017 and Parish Council meeting & Parish meeting on 11th September 2017. It was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of these meetings as a true and accurate record.
5. Public Submissions
a. Ward Councillor’s Report – none
b. Public submissions – a submission was made in support of planning application numbers 173384 and 173380 for Tuffets, stating that this was infill and offering explanation of the application if required.
6. Clerk’s Report – the External Audit report had been received and will be published online. All other matters covered in agenda.
a. applications received:
i. 173066 Land opposite Laburnum Cottage, Bromsash – proposed 4 dwellings. It was noted that this application had been discussed earlier and that amendments to access were presented with this application. It was RESOLVED unanimously no objection and no comments to this application.
ii. 173384 Tuffets, The Line, Linton – single dwelling and
iii. 173380 Tuffets, The Line, Linton – dwelling & replacement car park- being adjacent both applications were discussed together. It was commented that the application presentation was extremely difficult to understand and confusingly set out. Following discussion and vote of 5 in favour and 1 abstention it was RESOLVED to report no objection to the application, however the PC wished the Planning Officer to note their concern that rigorous technical surveys be provided to evidence prevention of subsidence once the buildings are erected and proper consideration of drainage soakaways to avoid nuisance to other pre-existing dwellings.
iv. 172991 Rosedale, Chapel Lane, Gorsley – following discussion it was RESOLVED by majority to object to this application. The scale of the proposed new dwelling is large, overbearing and disproportionate to the location. It is set too close to the woodland area, which is designated a Special Wildlife Site.
v. 173444 Mill Cottage, Linton Road, Gorsley – following discussion it was RESOLVED no objection and no comments to this application.
vi. 173635 Porch Farm, Weston under Penyard – following discussion a vote of 4 in favour and 2 against RESOLVED by majority to advise no objection to this application. It was requested that concerns about increased lorry movements in the narrow lanes and potential smells nuisance to residents arising from increased number of chickens be noted.
b. Applications decided
i. 172713 site adjacent to Royal Cottage, Gorsley – it was noted that this application was approved with lengthy and detailed terms.
ii. 172924 land adjacent Ivylea House, Bromsash – decision still awaited.
c. Lea Parish Council NDP – it was noted that the Section 14 consultation document for Lea Parish Neighbourhood Development plan was open for consultation and available to view via Linton Parish website and Lea website. Cllr Watkins undertook to review and send comments. [Deadline date 16th October 2017].
d. An NDP for Linton(s) Parish – The Council discussed the need and viability of forming a Steering Group to prepare a Neighbourhood Development Plan. Following discussion it was agreed that Cllrs Crumpton & Watkins would seek to establish if a viable Steering Group could be formed within the Community. The costs to the Parish Council to be estimated and presented to next meeting
e. Discussion Talbots Well sale of section of Common land – parishioner Mr Hemingway has expressed desire to purchase a section the Common Land known as Talbots Well. In discussion it was felt that his reasons for the purchase were unclear and had changed. Advice from the County Land Agent had lead the Council to understand that all works required by Mr Hemingway could be achieved without sale. A view of Councillors was taken with 1 in favour of sale, 2 against sale and 2 abstaining. It was agreed that a final decision should be made at the next meeting.
8. Post Office & Shop – it was noted that a Community meeting had been held on 14th September outlining proposals for a Community Shop and Post Office. Only one proposal had been received and this would be based at Gorsley Baptist Church. As a non-profit Community Enterprise venture, grants and assistance may be available from a variety of sources. Work was continuing on developing a Business Plan, application for Post Office grant, planning application and asurvey of community requirements. A further Community meeting is on 16th October in Gorsley Chapel. The Parish Council had been asked for a contribution of £300 seed funding and it was RESOLVED by majority of 5 in agreement and 1 objection to provide this funding.
9. Locality Steward and highways matters – none
a. The Lengthsmans report of activity in the prior month was received. No special work was required for the next period.
b. Oak stump in Woodend Lane – carried forward to next meeting.
11. Allotments – No matters discussed.
12. Footpaths – it was noted that Footpaths Office Adam Ferraby had arranged work on a number of routes by Enviroability and an invoice would be received shortly.
13. Financial Matters
a. Current receipts & expenditure and budget progress was presented and noted.
b. It was RESOLVED to pay: Chris Hyett, Allotment clearance, £770.00; Dudley Fencing, Allotment gate post (no 3917), £234.00; Elizabeth Malcolm, Clerk Salary Sept + expenses, £377.71; Wayne Reed, Lengthsman monthly (Sept), £284.00; Gorsley Baptist Church, Seed fund for Shop Project, £300.00.
14. Chimes – draft for November issue to be submitted outside the meeting.
15. Correspondence – none
16. Chairman & Councillors submissions – none
17. Date of next meeting – Monday 13th November 2017 at LINTON Village Hall at 7:30 pm.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 22:15.