Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting
On Monday 12th August 2019
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Cllr C Crumpton; Cllr A Reeves; Cllr B Clark; Cllr J Gough; Cllr G Owen
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 15 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence – Cllr L Watkins.
2. Declarations of interest: None
3. Co-option of Councillors: None
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 8th July 2019 – it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record.
5. Clerk’s Report – Noted
6. Public Submissions
a. Ward Councillor – Cllr Wilding sent his apologies
b. Public –
• A problem was reported in verge and ditch at Warrens Pitch, Gorsley
• A Parishioner asked how they would know the status of development application no xxxx.
• It was noted that a salt bin on The Line is full of rubbish which needs removal and a number have been damaged by hedge cutters.
7. Locality Steward & Highways matters
a. Weekly reports from the Locality Steward had been published on the website as agreed and it was RESOLVED that a printed set would be made available to meetings for those not able to view the website.
b. Report on meeting with roads representatives – the Clerk reported that OPCC grant funding information had been located, and further action to be reported to next meeting.
i. 192332 Re-consultation – Land to rear of Court House, Linton. It was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
ii. 191038 Re-consultation – Land adjacent to Ross Garth, Bromsash. It was RESOLVED by majority (4 no object, 1 abstention) to return no objection and no comments.
iii. 192631 – 5 Ivy House Estate, Gorsley – proposed extensions & alternations. It was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
b. Applications decided – A report of recent decisions was noted.
a. Grass Lengthsmans report – The report was noted. It was RESOLVED to ask the lengthsman to clear the area between Quarry Lane and Sunny Acre 3 times a year.
b. Roads Lengthsman – Report from Mr Griffiths was received. It was RESOLVED that the Clerk should contact the Locality Steward on all relevant items. The Lengthsman to be asked to provide photos of dumped materials and report to HCC.
10. Footpaths It was RESOLVED to further seek PFO volunteers and Clerk to include this in Chimes.
11. Allotments – The Clerk reported a new tenant for plot 19 who is a resident of Gorsley. The old tenant to be ask to remove personal equipment immediately. A resident of Ross has sought to take on plot 12 (kindly cleared by Mr Prew) and it was agreed a half-year fee be charged for 19/20.
12. Risk & Assets Schedules – It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the Risk Schedule for 2019/20. The Assets Schedule to be carried forward for discussion to next meeting with Insurance schedule.
13. Financial Matters
a. Current Receipts and Payments – were noted and the Chairman signed the July report for minutes.
b. It was RESOLVED to pay Elizabeth Malcolm, Salary, expenses, stationery, – £487.24; DJN Planning Ltd, NDP Consultant’s work, – £949.49; Chris Hyett, Allotments maintenance, -£400.00: Ashley Godfrey Porter, Lengthsman Grass work & P3, – £200.00; Terry Griffiths Contracts, Roads Lengthsman, – £406.80
c. It was RESOLVED to appoint Cllr Owen as a cheque signatory and remove Adam Ferraby and Max Gough as signatories.
d. 2019 Financial Standing Orders – it was agreed to re-present to next meeting.
14. Trees in the Parish – It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept Greenwood Timber quotation to remove fallen and dangerous wood from The Quarry at £200.
15. Neighbourhood Development Plan. Cllr Reeves reported that the draft plan is being prepared and will be brought to the Steering Group and Parishioners as soon as possible. Cllr Reeves wished to record thanks on behalf of the Steering Group for the work or Mr Iain Houston who had sadly died and the Councillors sent condolences to the family.
16. Councillor’s submissions –
• It was noted that Herefordshire Council has announced it will pause work on the Hereford Bypass and Southern link road.
17. Date of next meeting – Parish Council meeting on Monday 9th September at Linton Village Hall.
There being no further business the open meeting ended at 20:58
Minutes of and Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting
On Monday 22nd July 2019
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Cllr C Crumpton; Cllr A Reeves; Cllr B Clark; Cllr G Owen; Cllr L Watkins.
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 11 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr J Gough.
2. Declarations of interest: Cllr Watkins declared herself as a neighbour to application 184574. It was unanimously agreed she remain in the room but have no vote.
i. 184574 – Long Barn House, Linton – Re-consultation.
Following discussion it was RESOLVED by majority (3 objection 1 in favour 1 abstain) to Object to the application with the comments set out in appendix to these minutes (pages 901-2).
ii. 192236– 3 White Hart Cottages, Aston Crews – Proposed 2storey & first floor extension. Following discussion it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection to this application.
iii. 190294 – Site adj to Forge House, Bromsash – proposed car port with wood store. Following discussion it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection to this application.
iv. 192332 land to rear of Court House, Linton Following discussion it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection to this application.
4. Date of next meeting – Parish Council meeting on Monday 12th August at Gorsley Village Hall.
There being no further business the open meeting ended at 20:20