Minutes of the Meeting of the Council
On Monday 11th February 2019
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Cllr P Crumpton (Chairman); Cllr A Ferraby; Cllr M Gough; Cllr J Gough; Cllr A Reeves (Vice Chairman); Cllr L Watkins
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 11 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr B Clark; Cllr N Jones; Cllr S Morley
2. Co-options: None.
3. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
Item 14 was taken at this point.
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 14th January 2019 – it was noted that item 4 identified the wrong date of minutes which should read 10th December 2018, this was corrected and it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record. Minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council meeting of 24th January 2019 – it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record.
The Chairman moved to discuss a confidential item of business at the end of the meeting and it was RESOLVED unanimously to agree this.
5. Clerk’s Report – The Clerk’s report for the month was presented and noted.
6. Tree Preservation Orders – The Clerk presented a summary of HCC terms for preservation orders and an indication of those believed currently in the Parish, all of which in the Conservation Area of Linton. The Clerk was asked to establish of Conservation Area automatically protects trees within. Following discussion, it was agreed that preparation of the NDP should bring to light notable trees to apply for TPO.
a. Report on receipts & payments and progress against budget was received and a copy is attached to these minutes. Cash at 05/02/19 stood at £18,136.88.
b. It was RESOLVED To approve payments Data Orchard -NDP Survey work £1,891.20; Wayne Reed -Lengthsmans monthly £284.00; Elizabeth Malcolm – Clerk salary & expenses £332.34
8. Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Watkins and Cllr Reeves provided an update and estimate that further feedback meetings will take place at end of March or early April.
9. Footpaths –
a. The Clerk reported that a meeting with Enviroability to visit locations for repairs had been rescheduled for 13th February 2019.
b. No further work identified.
10. Allotments –
a. 3 vacant plot spaces, following resignations received. Half of plot5 may be taken on by current half plot holder.
b. Cost of small advertisements in Ross Gazette, Newent Advertiser and others to be investigated and it was RESOLVED unanimously to approve expenditure up to £50 if necessary. Posters to be placed prominently around villages, noticeboards, shop, pubs, etc.
c. Weed suppressant material for empty plots – it was agreed to review the necessity to purchase this at the next meeting.
d. Contract with Chris Hyatt – Clerk confirmed that contract terms had been accepted.
e. Other matters – it was agreed that tenancy of plots 10 and 17 be withdrawn for lack of care, untidiness and nuisance other plot holders due to spread of weeds.
11. Locality Steward & highways matters –
a. Weekly reports were noted.
b. Dangerous junction B4221/Gorsley Common Road – response from BBL was circulated and discussed. Clerk to ask for a plan to show what the two options outlined would look like.
c. Salt bins – it was noted that yellow bin on Frowens Lane outside Laurel Cottage had not been filled.
a. The Chairman moved to receive a verbal update, report and proposal from the Lengthsman, this was seconded by Cllr Reeves and unanimously agreed. A report on work undertaken in the month was received and noted. The Lengthsman stated that he felt it was important that he be given a free hand to clear all ditches in the Parish in addition to the scheduled list of tasks agreed. He wished it to be noted that that he had received no increase in fee for many years.
b. Tender for Lengthsmans services – it was agreed to ask Cllr Jones to accompany 3 potential Lengthsman for the role to show them the scope of work.
a. Applications received
i. 190145 – Purlieu Barn, Woodend Lane – addition of new window the wet room. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
14. Public Submissions – Local Policing representative Police Community Support Officer Simon Hall from Ross on Wye introduced himself to the meeting as the local contact for Police matters.
15. Chairman & Councillors’ submissions –
• It was noted that Gorsley Common Road is left very muddy by contractors working on new development and they should be asked to clean the road regularly.
• Cllr Watkins will be organising some litter picks and will request no litter signs – to be addressed at next meeting.
16. Date of next meeting – the Parish Council meeting will take place on Monday 11th March 2019 at Linton Village Hall.
There being no further business the open meeting ended at 21:20