Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting
On Monday 10th June 2019
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Cllr C Crumpton; Cllr A Reeves; Cllr B Clark; Cllr J Gough; Cllr G Owen; Cllr L Watkins.
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 8 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence – none.
2. Declarations of interest: Cllr Watkins declared interest under Schedule A on item 8 a vi.
3. Co-option of Councillors: Mr Gary Owen presented himself for co-option to the council. This was proposed by Cllr Crumpton, seconded by Cllr Reeves and RESOLVED unanimously to appoint him.
4. Minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting on 13th May – subject to corrections for Reeve to Reeves in item 1 and 2 and change from Woodhouse to Woodend in item 22 d it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record.
5. Clerk’s Report – The Clerk’s report for the month was presented and noted.
6. Locality Steward & Highways matters
a. Weekly reports from the Locality Steward were received and it was noted that Pinford Lane had been included in recent repairs.
b. Safety concerns at junction B4221/Gorsley Common Road – No further update.
c. SIDs at Bromsash – it was confirmed that traffic measuring equipment has now been installed.
d. SID at Gorsley Goffs –The device here is now working but is not a SID. Discussed opportunities for installing a SID on B4221. Clerk to look into pricing and contact Safer Roads Partnership to discuss options. Clerk to provide information on Village Gates options.
a. Grass Lengthsmans report – questions raised by lengthsman
• Bomsash Jubliee Seat- RESOLVED to remove this from the jobs list
• Shutton Cross Triangle – Neighbourhood Watch signs not available from Parish Council. Other arrangements were offered by a Councillor.
• The Pound – proposed actions agreed
• Quarry Lane – Common Land – proposed actions agreed and clearance of branches.
• M50/B4221 junction – confirmed this is not for the Lengthsman to undertake. Clerk to contact BBL and Highways England.
b. Roads Lengthsman – RESOLVED to ask Mr Griffiths to undertake 1 day and assess needs for winter months.
i. Mud at Burton Mill – silt run-off from potato field had built up in valley and scraped up by landowner, but in a manner which now prevents water run-off. Landowner to be contacted.
ii. State of drainage further down to be considered by Mr Griffiths.
c. HCC Contract – Contact with Herefordshire Council to be brought forward to next meeting
a. – applications considered:
i. 191571 – The Barn At Oakland, Gorsley. – Variation of Condition 2 of Planning Application 183802/F (Proposed erection of a new 3 bed detached dwelling, access/egress, car parking, turning and manoeuvring) – To add drawing showing different materials. – Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
ii. 191549 – Vergilla, Quarry Lane, Gorsley – Proposed loft conversion with dormers, single storey extension and part conversion of garage. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
iii. 191641 – Gorsley Goffs Endowed Primary School, Gorsley. – Proposed mosaic – bespoke design and fixed onto existing rendered surface to existing wall. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to return no objection and no comments.
Cllr L Watkins left the room
iv. 191941 – Land adjoining M50, Upton Bishop – Proposed hedgerow removal notice. Following discussion, it was RESLOVED by majority (2 against, 3 abstentions) to object and ask for further environmental assessment to be undertaken.
Cllr L Watkins returned to the room
b – applications decided – those published by HCC were noted.
9. Allotments – the Clerk provided an update. It was RESOLVED to approve the current leaseholder of plot 10 taking on plot 17 with no rent fee payable for this year to 31st March 2020. It was RESOLVED to accept quotation from Greenwood Timber for at £250 + VAT for the repair of gates.
10. Financial Matters
a. Current Receipts and Payments – were noted.
b. It was RESOLVED to pay Ashley Godfrey Porter, Lengthsman Grass Maintenance (incl Allotments) – £245.00; Elizabeth Malcolm, Clerk salary & expenses £332.34. It was noted that cheques would be raised and signed outside the meeting as files were with auditor.
11. Annual 2018/2019 Audit
a. It was RESOLVED to confirm the accounts meet the criteria and wish to be exempt from limited assurance review. The Certificate of Exemption was signed.
b. Annual Governance review – It was RESOLVED to accept the Annual Governance Statement subject to any comments received from the Internal Auditor.
c. Accounting Statements- It was RESOLVED to accept the Accounting Statements subject to any comments received from the Internal Auditor.
12. Tree Survey It was RESOLVED to accept the recommendations of the report with regard to the Quarry and obtain quotes to undertake the work.
13. Neighbourhood Development Plan Cllr L Watkins provided an update. It was agreed to investigate if the Allotments should be included as ‘local green space’.
14. Public Submissions
a. Footpath at LTR32 needs cut back to allow passage. Clerk to action.
b. Hedge between new builds has been removed was this in accordance planning approved. Cllr Reeves looking into this.
c. Add footpaths to agenda.
15. Councillor’s submissions – None
16. Date of next meeting – Parish Council meeting on Monday 8th July at Linton Village Hall.
There being no further business the open meeting ended at 21:35