Minutes 9th November 2015

Bromsash Gorsley and Linton
Minutes of the Meeting held on 9th November 2015 at 7:30pm in Linton Village Hall

Cllr Ken Downham – Vice Chairman
Cllr Max Gough Cllr. Paul Crumpton
Cllr. Jackie Gough Cllr Lyn Bryan
Cllr. Barry Clark

Clerk: Rosie Clark 5 Parishioners and Parish Lengthsman

1. Apologies for absence
Cllr Jean Foley, Cllr. John Watkins, Cllr. Lucy Watkins, Parish Paths Officer and Locality

2. Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda
There were no declarations of interest.

3. Approve the Minutes of the Meeting Held on 12th October 2015
These were accepted and signed by the Vice Chairman, subject to the date in the heading being
changed to ‘2015’.

4. Report from the Clark on actions requested in the minutes dated 12th October
2015, not covered elsewhere in the agenda – FOR INFORMATION ONLY
All items are covered within the current Agenda.

5. Allotments business and information and agree any actions.
Cllrs Max Gough and Ken Downham to visit the allotments and report back on the condition.

6. Update on minor road defects and other reported issues, including reduction in speeds by
Gorsley Goffs School and agree any actions.
The hedge, overhanging the footpath on the corner of B4221 & Ivy House Lane has been cut; The Locality Steward to confirm where the resurfacing works to the footpath alongside B4221 are on the priority list; Further vegitation clearance is being undertaken on the M50 slip road and the Locality Steward is aware of the recent accident; The Locality Steward and Lengthsman to meet on site at the culvert near Dudley fencing – Cllr Ken Downham to
attend; Suggestions regarding speed reductions by Gorsley Goffs School forwarded to Balfour Beatty for comment; Concern about a new gateway at Lilly Hall have been referred to the Locality Steward.

7. Lengthsman’s Report and agree any additional works required
The Lengthsman explained that having surveyed the parish, ditches were the main problem. He confirmed that he had not worked on them for a number of years and deteriorating road surfaces/potholes would only get worse if the ditches were not maintained. He explained that clearing the grips would not resolve the problem, as the water had nowhere to run due to the state of the ditches. Following discussion it was agreed that the winter months were a good time to undertake this work and it was estimated that 2 to 3 months of the Lengthsman time could help to restore them. Before tasking the Lengthsman, the Clerk to clarify when/if Balfour Beatty were due to undertake any ditching works. The Lengthsman also said that the pipe under the road by Talbots Well needed jetting as the area flooded following heavy rain. The Lengthsman to install the replacement bench near the school.

It was agreed that a schedule of maintenance detailing any additional agreed tasks to be emailed to the Lengthsman after each council meeting.

8. Financial Matters: To approve payments, preliminary discussions about Precept and
Budget 2016/2017

IT WAS AGREED unanimously to pay the following invoices and cheques were duly
Lengthsman (October and November) – £568
Clerk: Salary (November) (less tax) – £210
Expenses for November – £15
Options for the proposed budget were discussed, whether it should be cost neutral
and if any parish projects were to be included, it was agreed to look again at the Pound
ownership. Cllr Max Gough and the Clerk to meet to prepare the budget for the December
meeting. Cllr Paul Crumpton proposed that the precept should remain the same as last year,
seconded by Cllr Max Gough.

9. To consider and comment on planning applications including;
P153016/F – East View, Bromsash, proposed demolition of existing garage, construction of
new dwelling. Minor alteration works to existing dwelling. No objections
Notifications: P152560 – Lilly Hall, Darnells Lane, Gorsley – Proposed installation of solar panels on the roof of the property (front elevation). Approved with Conditions.

10. Correspondence.
As emailed – in addition a schedule of correspondence is available for Cllrs to request email copies as required.

11. Chairman’s Announcements
The Vice Chairman placed on record the thanks of the parish council to Douglas, for his work as acting Clerk during the past few months.

12. Councilors’ submissions.
Cllr Jackie Gough said that prayers were being given for a new Vicar for Linton on Saturday.

13. Public Submissions:
A query was raised about a note in the Chimes from VoLT regarding adopting the Linton phone box and whether this was something the parish council had considered or already actioned. It was confirmed that the parish council had not adopted the phone box.
Concerns were raised about vehicles backing onto B4221 near the school traffic lights.
A problem was reported with the sewage works in Gorsley as they were blocking up, sewage was coming back through manholes and the associated smell. It was noted that jetting had been undertaken by Seven Trent. The Locality Steward to be informed.

14. Date of Next Meeting
It was RESOLVED that the Council’s next meeting will be held on Monday 14th December in Gorsley Village Hall.

The meeting closed at 8.55