Minutes 13th March 2017

Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 13th March 2017
At Linton Village Hall at 19:30

Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough, Cllr A Ferraby; Cllr J Gough.

Note:- the meeting was declared quorate as a third of six members is 2, but a minimum of 3 is required whichever is greatest and 3 Councillors were in attendance. See written confirmation of agreement to motions appended here and here.

In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm, 7 Parishioners.

1. Apologies for absence: Vice Chairman Cllr P Crumpton; Cllr J Watkins; Cllr L Watkins

2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None.

3. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 13th February 2017. It was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the Group Parish Council meeting held on 13/02/17 as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

4. Clerk’s report – Matters outstanding from February meeting and not covered elsewhere:

– Feedback on ownership of land at Woodend Lane where tree stump has been left. Cllr John Watkins to be asked to advise at next meeting.

– Feedback on discussion with Gorsley Goffs School regarding overgrown hedge and unaccompanied children at crossing. Cllr Luci Watkins to be asked to advise at next meeting.

5. Locality Steward’s report –

Salt bins by school – Locality Steward had confirmed a new salt bin near to the school would have to be purchased by the school or the parish and then maintained, as the school is on a B class road this would be on a priority salt route and the spread of salt would also go onto the footway.

Wrecked car at westbound junction 3 of M50 – the Clerk reported that Mr Nick Jones of Revells Farm had arranged to remove the vehicle to his yard and Locality Steward to make arrangements for collection. The Council thanked Mr Jones for his action.

Fording Lane – it was noted that Fording Land pothole repair had been listed on Locality Stewards’ weekly report at various intervals but a resident of this lane, John Arrowsmith, disputed that any work had been undertaken as the road continues to be in very poor repair. Clerk to bring to Steward’s attention

Fordings Lane Mr Arrowsmith stated that ditches at the bottom of the lane are blocked and consequently the section floods with any rain. Clerk to bring to Steward’s attention

6. Lengthmans Report

· Monthly report and invoice were received.

· The Lengthsman had been engaged in clearance work necessary following Storm Doris and had not been able to undertake itemised work listed at February meeting. This work has now been brought forward for attention in March. Clerk to follow up.

7. Footpath Officer’s report – Footpath Officer Cllr Adam Ferraby reported that he had been familiarising himself with the PROW in Linton Parish and would be in contact with Richard Baker (outgoing FO) upon his return from holiday over the next few weeks.

8. Allotments

Repairs to the fence had been booked with Mr W Gooch, but have not yet been undertaken. Clerk to chase up.

Annual fee notices will be sent out at the end of March. The Clerk was asked to check the standard letters to ensure members are not asked to return information that is already in hand.

It was noted that Mr Ray Bezeley wishes to give up his plot(s).

It was noted that the waiting list has two names and that if any live within the Parish they should be given priority.

A request was made to enforce the maintenance of plots as a condition of retaining rights.

9. Talbots Well – the clerk reported that a meeting had been held with the County Land Agent, Mr George Thompson and Mr Rob Hemingway at Talbots Well to examine the issues. The boundary of the Common was agreed and the issue of land slippage was noted, particularly where a mains electricity cable had been dug into the ground on Mr Hemingway’s land just above the Well.

Mr Thompson has recommended –

That the power supplier be contacted by Mr Hemingway to bring the dangerously exposed cable to their attention

That Mr Hemingway obtain structural plans for work for retaining walls and these be submitted to the Planning Inspectorate (Bristol) in accordance with Commons regulations and the PC for permissions.

That Mr Hemingway consider stakes and shrubs as a means of retaining soil on slope from his garden to left of Common Land.

10. Financial Matters

a. The bank balance at 22/02/17 £12,120.06

b. It was noted that no income had been received in the period since the last meeting

c. It was RESOLVED to pay invoices:

· William Hazelton website training for clerk travel £61.50

· HALC, annual affiliation fee and sub £650. Including vat

· Wayne Reed, Lengthsman £284.00

· Elizabeth Malcolm, Clerks salary and expenses £319.53

d. It was noted that 2017/18 Precept has been confirmed at £9,000 and the first half of this is due to be received on 21st April 2017.

11. Planning

a. The meeting considered the following planning applications:

I. 170460 – Silver Birches, Gorsley, HR9 7SJ. Alterations and extension to dwelling and creation of a terrace, steps and a ramp. Comments by 14 March 17. It was RESOLVED to return No Objection to this application

II. 170578 – Land adjacent to Grape Cottage, Burrups Lane, Gorsley. Proposed residential dwelling. It was RESOLVED to return No Objection to this application

b. The meeting considered planning application decisions received:

I. P163346/F Land at Lynders Nurseries Upton Bishop. Retrospective change of use of a former commercial nursery office building into residential holiday accommodation. Approved with conditions Noted

II. P163980/F Land at Kamberg Cottage Lower Ridge Linton HR9 7RU. Proposed erection of a detached dwelling, provision of vehicular access and associated works. Approved with conditions. Noted

III. P163939/F Great Woodend Farm Woodend Lane Linton. Erection of 2no. dwelling houses. Refused Noted.

c. The meeting noted special conditions to approval for application P163694/F Land opposite Laburnum Cottage Bromash HR9 7PN. 4 new dwellings. To note that the approval conditions include a requirement to obtain an assessment for provision of a Speed Indication Device prior to the first occupation of the dwellings. Noted

12. Correspondence received: None received

13. Chairmans announcements:

Annual Parish Meeting – it was agreed to set the date for this meeting as Monday 24th April 2017.

Clerk to arrange venue, advise Ward Councillor Bramer of date, publise and alert all parishioners and organisations as normal.

14. Councillors Submissions and village events

Linton Village Hall advised of the following events:

· Jumble sale on Saturday 18th March 2017 at 2pm

· Music Night with the Remi Harris Project Friday 31st March from 7pm

The VOLT Spring Fair will take place at the Alma on Easter Monday from 2-4pm

Gorsley Village Hall will celebrate 60yrs with an afternoon event on 13th May 2017.

It was noted that a Litter Pick arranged by VOLT in early March had accumulated 21 bags of rubbish. Thanks were extended to the volunteers.

It was noted that some help with bags, collection and pickers may be available from BBL.

15 Date of next meeting: Monday 10th April 2017 at Gorsley Village Hall.

The meeting ended at 08:55pm.