Minutes 12th May 2015

LINTON PARISH COUNCIL
Bromsash Gorsley and Linton
Minutes of the Meeting held on 12th May 2015
In Linton Village Hall at 7:30pm

Present:

Cllr Jean Foley- Chairman Cllr Ken Downham – Vice Chairman

Cllr John Watkins

Cllr. Max Gough

Cllr. Jackie Gough

Cllr. Barry Clark

Cllr. Lyn Bryan

Cllr. Lucy Watkins

Acting Minute Secretary: Douglas Courtney . The Clerk, Mrs Rosie Clark was unable to attend.

7 Parishioners plus the Parish Footpaths Officer.

Minute Item

1.Election Chairman for the period 2015 to 2016

Cllr Jean Foley was proposed by Cllr Ken Downham and Seconded by Cllr. John Watkins and elected unanimously

2.Chairman to sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office. Cllr Foley signed the Declaration of Acceptance.

3.Election of Vice-Chairman for the period 2015 to 2016 . Cllr. Ken Downham was proposed by Cllr. Max Gough and seconded by Cllr. Lyn Bryan and elected unanimously.

4.To Fix the amount of the Chairman’s Allowance. The Council approved the sum of £25 for the Chairman’s Allowance as outlined in the Budget 2015/16

5.To appoint members of Working Parties. Cllr. Max Gough was re-appointed as member for the Allotments. Richard Baker was reappointed as the Parish Footpaths Officer.

6.To appoint representatives to other organisations: Cllr Ken Downham was appointed to represent the Parish Council on Linton Village Hall Committee.

7. Apologies

Cllr Lyn Bryan gave her apologies for the next meeting.

8. Declarations of Interest

None

9. Minutes of the Meeting Held on 13th April 2015

These were accepted.

10.To Receive the Clerk’s Report. All items in the Clerk’s Report are covered within the current Agenda

11. To receive a report by Parish Footpath’s Officer : The PFO stated that he was not aware of any problems but noted that the path 38b past his property was in need of attendance and he had sought a quote for work to be done. The PFO signed the P3 form on behalf of the Council.

12. Allotments business and information Cllr Max Gough had submitted a statement to the Chairman in advance of the meeting. The provision of a skip had been deferred until the end of May. The draft signs provided by the Clerk were approved and will need to be laminated. It was agreed that the final two plots should be offered at half rent for the first year in view of their poor state. Debate about how plots could be kept in a good condition once relinquished was made. The possibility of offering a rent rebate if plots are relinquished in advance of the end of tenure might be a consideration. This might encourage tenants who wish to give up their plots partway through the year, not to leave them unattended until the end of the season.

13.To receive an update on minor road defects and other reported issues and agree any actions . Complaints had been received re Linton Ridge in that only parts of the road had been repaired and particularly in the mid sections. The Locality Steward and the Chairman to follow this up. Concern about whether the Council Depot near Jay’s Green is being kept secure was raised. The Chairman to raise this with the County Councillor Harry Bramer. –

14.To receive Lengthsman’s Report. The Lengthsmans report was tabled and approved.

15.To approval renewal of insurance cover for 2015/16. The renewal premium was agreed.

16.To approve renewal of HALC membership for 2015/16 . It was RESOLVED to renew membership.

17. Financial Matters and Authorisation of Payment of Accounts

IT WAS AGREED unanimously to pay the following invoices and the cheques were duly

signed

Clerk £210 –salary for May 2015 (less tax) plus £94.92 additional hours plus £15 ‘

Expenses for March

HALC subscription £516.96

DA Courtney Acting Minute Secretary: £30 – Annual Parish Meeting

£30 – May 2015 Meeting

Lengsthman £284 – May 2015

Approval was given for a gift to be sent to the local auditor paid from the Chairman’s Allowance.

18. Planning Applications. The following new applications were received:

P150974 Lilly Hall , Darnells Lane

The Council raised no objection to this application.

P151174/F Land at the Old Post Officce, Gorsley

The Council raised no objection to this application.

P151083/F Land at the Barn , Ridgeway, Darnells Lane, Gorsley

The Council raised no objection to this application.

Cllr Luci Watkins raised her concern about the attitude and over zealous nature of one of the Planning Officers. The Chairman suggested that concerns in the first instance should be directed to Andrew Ashcroft, Director of Planning.

19. To receive a report from the Chairman on the Annual Parish Meeting. The Chairman noted that only 8 people attended the event and with this she was disappointed.

20. Correspondence –FOR INFORMATION ONLY. A schedule of correspondence was circulated should any member wish to receive a full copy. Councillors were given copies of the Code of Conduct for signature.

21. Chairman’s Announcements

21.1 The Chairman noted that the local history society had done some refurbishment work on Talbots Well which is much appreciated.

21.2. Cllr Max Gough enquired about whether money was being put aside to re-build the wall at The Pound and whether any progress had been made in obtaining funding. The Chairman will contact Lynn Hodgson for information..

22 Councillors’ submissions

Cllr. Ken Downham reported on the forthcoming Folk Night at Linton Village hall on Friday 15th May

23. Public Submissions:

Following a submission regarding a missing signpost from Shotts Lane, an email will be sent to the FPO officer to establish where the sign has gone. Mr Rowley was thanked for taking remedial action in filling in the hole thus avoiding a hazard.

The Linton Village Fete is planned for Sept 5th. Any ideas would be welcome.

24. Date of Next Meeting

It was RESOLVED that the Council’s next meeting will be held on Monday 8th

June in Gorsley Village Hall.

25.Employment Matters: The Chairman reported on the interim arrangements which could be put in place whilst the Clerk deals with personal issues. It was RESOLVED that the Clerk should continue for the time being with the admin support from Douglas Courtney.

25.The meeting closed at 9.30 pm