Minutes 12th June 2017

Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 12th June 2017
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30

Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough; Cllr A Ferraby; Cllr J Gough; Cllr J Watkins; Cllr L Watkins

In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm, 5 Parishioners.

1. Apologies for absence: Vice Chairman Cllr P Crumpton

2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None.

3. Minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting on 8th May 2017. It was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting held on 08/05/2017 as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

4. Clerk’s report – Ward Cllr Harry Bramer has accepted an invitation to attend the next meeting on 10th July .

5. Allotments –

a. Update on renewals and vacant plots. 2 renewals outstanding (plot 7 and 1). Current holder of Plot 1 now confirmed as Mr Brian Cooper. Plot 22 vacant and half of plot 5 vacant. Both given up on renewal notification. Advertisements for spaces have been placed in Chimes, no current waiting list.

b. Repair work Cllr M Gough to meet with Chris Stacey at Allotments to review work needed.

6. Locality Steward & highways matters

a. Weekly reports: nothing of note to report

b. Ditches clearance brought forward: no further information.

c. Visibility at Bromsash: no further information

d. Hedge maintenance on B4221 blocking pavement: it was RESOLVED to write to Mr Gooch of Old Post Office, Gorsley to ask him to maintain the hedge to a standard to allow passage on the pavement.

e. Locality Steward to be asked to attend a meeting of the Parish Council. Clerk to action.

f. Road name signs for Darnells Lane and Sargents Lane to be requested.

g. Poor visibility at M50 Junctions coming away from motorway caused by uncut verges. These have been reported on line but no action taken.

h. Junction of Sterry’s Lane and B4221 is dangerous due to uncut verge. Clerk in Gorsley & Kilcot to be asked to investigate.

i. Parishioners felt that the B4221 should have double white lines down the length of the village to prevent dangerous overtaking. Clerk to raise with Locality Steward.

7. Lengthmans Report

a. Monthly report and invoice had not been received in time for meeting. Additional work for June to include clearing the Car Park at Quarry; Warrens Pitch, gully rodding; Name sign to Prospect Row has been damaged, Lengthsman to be asked to repair.

b. Lengthsman to be asked if his insurance permits him to work on hedge cutting on B4221.

c. Confirmation sought that the likely landowner with responsibility for large oak log in Woodend Lane is Mrs Landry (not Langtree). This was confirmed but Cllr J Watkins was asked to re-confirm the assumed ownership with Graham Carter

d. Lengthsman Scheme contract with Herefordshire Council it was RESOLVED unanimously to approve and signed by the Chairman and the Clerk.

8. Standing Orders & Code of Conduct

a. There being no changes to the Standing Orders or Financial Standing Orders from the previous year it was RESOLVED unanimously to continue to adopt the terms.

b. Revised Code of Conduct was discussed and it was RESOLVED to ask for visit from appropriate HCC representative to provide clarification.

9. Risk Assessment and Risk Register. It was RESOLVED to add regular Tree Survey to Risk Assessment (to include trees at Talbots Well) & note that Sugar Tump seat is unadopted. Amended schedule to be signed at next meeting.

Asset register: It was RESOLVED to seek better information on “Residual value of Parish Room shared with Church” for review at next meeting.

10. Insurance – It was unanimously RESOLVED to renew with Zurich Insurance through Community First.

11. Financial Matters

a. Income received noted as follows: Allotments £1081; HMRC tax paid refund £184.62; Lloyds Bank compensation £100.

b. Unanimously RESOLVED to pay invoices:

Insurance renewal £243.08 (refund to E Malcolm); Information Commissioner £35; Wyenet Internet Services (web hosting) £58.50; Clerk’s salary May £259.08; Gorsley Village Hall hire in16/17 £78.

c. Internal Audit report not yet available to be emailed to Councillors for approval as the submission date is 23rd June (extension now obtained to 7th July).

d. It was noted that the Pensions Regulator had provided ‘Acknowledgement of declaration of compliance’

e. Business Bank Instant Account – Clerk to investigate further if this could be used effectively by before closure is considered.

12. Planning

a. New applications

171406 Smiths Cottage Gorsley. – Following discussion it was RESOLVED to return no comments and no objection to the application

171509 Jay’s Green Meadow, Gorsley – following discussion it was RESOLVED to return the following comments:

· The proposed steel fence on Revells Lane is harsh and industrial and the Council feel this should be clad in wood to be in keeping with the nature of the location.

· The steel fence should be set behind the existing hedge on Revells Lane side and the hedge should be retained.

· There must be a condition that no residential use of any nature, either temporary or permanent will be permitted in the location.

Subject to these considerations the Parish Council accept this application.

b. 171759 Hill View Farm, Aston Crews – the application for variation of condition was noted.

c. Applications decided were noted as follows:

171006 4 Sundale, Gorsley: Alterations & extension + replacement oil storage tank. Approved with conditions

171125 Mill Cottage, Gorsley: Demolition of existing conservatory and erection of rear extension to add 2 new double bedrooms & new dining/living room. Application refused.

171305 Talbots Barn, Linton: erection of single storey garden shed & greenhouse. Approved with conditions.

13. Correspondence received:
It was noted that an update on defibrillator training had been received; An invitation to attend an update on broadband provision from Fastershire had been circulated; a letter of complaint regarding trespass by public attending Linton Festival had been copied for information to the Council.

14 Chairman’s announcements: none
15. Councillor’s submissions: covered in item 5 and 6 above.
16. Public submissions: included in 5 and 6 above.
17. Next Meeting: Monday 10th July 2017 at LINTON Village Hall
The meeting ended at 09:40pm.