LINTON PARISH COUNCIL
Bromsash Gorsley and Linton
Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th August 2015 in Gorsley Village Hall at 7:30pm
Cllr Jean Foley- Chairman Cllr Ken Downham – Vice Chairman
Cllr. Max Gough
Cllr. Jackie Gough
Cllr. Barry Clark
Cllr. Paul Crumpton
Cllr. Lyn Bryan
Acting Minute Secretary: Douglas Courtney.
Cllr John Watkins and Cllr. Lucy Watkins gave their apologies. The Locality Steward sent his apologies.
2. Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Meeting Held on 13th July 2015
These were accepted and signed by the Chairman subject to the agreed amendments being made.
4. To Receive the Clerk’s Report. All items in the Clerk’s Report are covered within the current Agenda.
The Clerk reported that she had sent a letter to Herefordshire Council re the inordinate costs for bus passes for children travelling to school and copied to Cllr. Bramer
5. To receive Allotments business and information and agree any actions.
• The Clerk reported that Andi Jones is now renting Plot 24 for £43, to 31st March 2016, and £65 thereafter.
• The provision of additional fencing. Cllr John Watkins will review his quotation (£293) and the Clerk was asked to seek a further quotation from Winston Gooch.
• The Clerk enquired whether Councillors had heard of any theft of vegetables from the allotments. Nothing had been reported.
6. To consider a Parish Council Presence at Linton Village Fete.
Councillors considered the proposal had merit however a number of them where unavailable on the day. Cllrs. Paul Crumpton, Ken Downham and Jean Foley to look at possibility of having a presence at the fete.
7. To consider new website and agree any amendments.
There was general disappointment with the website and it was noted that some features didn’t seem to work. The electoral roll was wrong, and the link to Gorsley Village Hall was missing. Information about the Lengthsman’s Scheme, the Allotments and Parish Assets were also not available. It was RESOLVED to ask the current contractor to complete the tendered work and the PC would review the outcome.
8. To receive an update on minor road defects and other reported issues and agree any actions.
• Clarification about which seat to be purchased for siting at Gorsley Goff School was given. The Clerk to place an order for the phoenix bench to include the fittings. Contact to be made with the landowner to confirm that a slight infringement onto his land is acceptable.
• Darnells Lane potholes have been completed
• Potholes have been complete at Shutton, where Fordings Lane goes off to Hartleton. Resurfacing is within a separate programme of works on a priority basis across the county
• The mattress which had been fly tipped has been removed
• The signs have been collected from Sugar Tump
• The give way signs have also been painted at Sargents Lane/Woodend Lane crossroads
9. To receive Lengthsman’s Report, agree any additional works required and review the Lengthsman’s Scheme contracts with Herefordshire Council and the Lengthsman.
• It was noted that the hedges at The Glen were overgrown giving no visibility from Sargents Lane to Woodend Lane.
10. Financial Matters and Authorisation of Payment of Accounts
IT WAS AGREED unanimously to pay the following invoices and the cheques were duly
Clerk £183–salary and expenses for August
DA Courtney Acting Minute Secretary: £70 July
Lengthsman £284 – July 2015.
Grant Thornton Audit Fees. £120
Citizens Advice Bureau £50 donation
It was noted that the Auditor had approved the 2014/2015 accounts submitted
11. Planning Applications. The following new applications were received:
P152209/PA4 Land at Great Woodened Farm, Linton Prior approval for a proposed
change of use of an agricultural building to two dwelling houses (use Class C3) No
requirement for comments.
P151988/F East View, Bromsash. Proposed demolition of existing garage, construction of
new dwelling. Minor alteration works to existing dwelling: No Objection
P151982/FH Yew Tree Cottage Sargents Lane Kilcot. Proposed single storey rear
extension. No Objection
P151691/F Laurel Cottage – Approved with conditions
P151646/F Purlieu Barn- Car Port – Approved with conditions
P151908/FH Purlieu Barn – Steel Flue – Approved with conditions
P151495/FH Stonehaven, Quarry Lane, Approved with conditions
PP151589/0 Proposed residential development for up to 36 dwellings in Gorsley –
12. Correspondence A letter from Cllr. Crumpton was tabled, and he was invited to speak to the Council about his role in the development of the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme which is sponsored by the NFU and Police. He emphasized that there was more than one approach to this initiative and hoped that a scheme could be tailored to the needs of the Parish. He invited those who would like a scheme to be fostered in the Parish to contact him in the first instance.
13. Chairman’s Announcements The Chairman said that Cllr. Lucy Watkins wished to take a leave of absence for 6 months because of personal commitments. This was agreed by the Council.
14. Councillors’ submissions. Cllr Jackie Gough to email Cllr Crumpton with contact details for the local Police Support Officer.
15. Public Submissions: A request that the overgrown hedging at Ivy House be chased up. Jan Faulkner spoke about the consultation document about Council cuts and the impact it would have on the Ross Library Service in particular. It was agreed that the Parish Council would submit comments. It was noted that there will be a Roadshow event on 24th September with 9th October being the closing date for submissions.
An enquiry about the role of the Parish Council in the overseeing of approved development was raised. The Chairman noted that although concerns might properly be made to the County Council, the Parish Council had no formal role in monitoring any development.
16. Date of Next Meeting
It was RESOLVED that the Council’s next meeting will be held on Monday 14th
September in Linton Village Hall.
Meeting ended at 8.55