Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 08th January 2018
At Linton Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough; Cllr P Crumpton Cllr A Ferraby Cllr J Gough; Cllr L Watkins; Cllr A Reeves; Cllr S Morley; Cllr N Jones
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 1 member of public.
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr B Clark
2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
3. Co-options: Cllr Crumpton proposed and Cllr J Gough seconded the co-option of Mr Nicholas Jones to the Council and this was unanimously approved.
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 11th December 2017 it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record.
5. Public Submissions – None.
6. Clerk’s Report – Application for an extended licence at Linton Village Hall had been circulated.
7. Locality Steward and highways matters
a. Weekly reports: Noted.
b. Salt bins were noted as being in need of replenishing. Those at Bromsash U road off C1280 were reported as in need of replacement and Ivy House Lane had requested a second bin at bottom of the hill. Cllr Jones offered to replace with half barrels.
c. Rubbish on the slip road to M50 was reported as a problem. Highways to be asked to clear this.
8. Lengthsman – Mr Wayne Reed attended and gave a detailed report of work undertaken and needing action. It was agreed to investigate the ownership of hedge trees on U70239 as they are leaning dangerously over road. Mr Reed agreed to waive charges for snowploughing.
9. Footpaths – Cllr Ferraby is providing schedule of work for EnviroAbility to undertake. It was noted that sign from Linton ridge to Talbots Well (LTR 38B) needs replacement.
10. Financial Matters
a. Current Expenditure & Receipts and progress against budget was reviewed and noted.
b. It was RESOLVED to approve the following payments: A V Taylor & Sons -Allotments hedge trimming -£96.00; EnviroAbility -Stile repairs -£448.30; Wayne Reed -Lengthsman monthly (Dec) £284.00; Elizabeth Malcolm -Clerk’s Salary £259.08, Mileage £9.45, Postage £6.86
a. applications received:
i. 174532 – Land adjacent Ivylea House, Bromsash – Variation of Condition 2 ref 172924 (Construction of 5 no. new dwellings) – To allow addition of solar panels on plots 1 – 5 and amended garage to plot 1. Following discussion it was unanimously RESOLVED to return no objection and no comments.
b. Application to appeal:
i. 171840 – Darnells Farm, Linton – Proposal for 4 no. glamping units and ancillary works. This was noted.
c. Applications decided since last meeting: None.
12. Neighbourhood Development Plan
a. Report on community consultation – Cllr Watkins reported that over 60 people attended two consecutive presentations by Stephanie Kitto of Herefordshire Council NPD Dpt. 10 firm offers of help had been made in addition to those already received. It was RESOLVED unanimously to approve the formation of a Steering Committee.
b. Steering Committee Terms of Reference – standard form TofR prepared by Hereford Council were circulated and it was RESOLVED unanimously to adopt these. It was noted that further room hire costs for Steering Group meetings would need to be met by PC funds ahead of grant application.
13. Allotments – Wayne Reed suggested a lorry tarpaulin be used as weed suppressant on empty plot 22 and he was asked to provide a quote for this.
Discussion of cost of maintaining empty plots. It was suggested the Allotment holders be invited to attend a meeting to provide suggestions. Discussion of offering the empty plots for free to local charity groups, or for a limited time to enable set up for new people.
14. Post Office & Shop – It was noted that an open meeting for all Parishioners to receive an update on progress was to be held on 15th January 2018 at Gorsley Baptist Church.
15. Correspondence – Permission for PC and Natural England jointly to allow mineralogist Dr Starkey permission to access and take samples was approved. It was noted that an enquiry had been received as to the status of certain oak trees in Sargents Lane and confirmed that these do not have tree preservation orders against them.
16. Chairman & Councillors’ submissions – Cllr Crumpton proposed a review of public submissions proceedings.
17. Next Meeting – Monday 12th February at GORSLEY Village Hall.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 21:45.