Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 14th August 2017
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough; Vice Chairman Cllr P Crumpton; Cllr A Ferraby; Cllr J Gough;
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm, Council Leader – Tony Johnson, Parish Liaison Officer – Anthony Bush, 23 Parishioners.
1. Apologies for absence: None.
2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None.
3. Co-option of new members to fill current vacancies: None
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 10th July 2017. It was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the Parish Council meeting as a true and accurate record of the meeting.
5. Clerk’s report – Clerk reported that material covering the June and July meetings had been submitted to The Chimes in their required format. No further matters arising.
6. Post Office & Shop Closure
a. Update Andrew Gardiner reported that a meeting had taken place with representatives of Gorsley Baptist Church, VoLT, WI, Village Halls and others at which unanimous agreement had been reached that a Shop and Post Office was wanted in Gorsley. A further open meeting has been arranged for 14th September 2017 and representation from the Parish Council would be welcomed.
b. Council Support – Anthony Bush provided examples of schemes throughout Herefordshire, together with a number of contacts who can provide assistance. HCC support is available in the area of funding & social enterprise expertise, planning experience and general experience. Access to funding and other assistance can be obtained via the Parish Council with an Action Group formed as a working group reporting to Parish Council. The Parish Council confirmed their support.
c. Linton Post Office – a letter was received from Post Office Network Operations Manager confirming continued temporary closure of PO in Linton.
7. Locality Steward and Highways matters –
a. Weekly reports showed activity on potholes in the Parish in July.
b. Bromsash Crossroads – Clerk had reported poor state of Stop signage to Locality Steward. Overgrowth in the area has now been severely cut back. Lengthsman has cut back vegetation around speed restriction signs on Bolitree lane.
a. Work in the month was reviewed. No specific additional tasks identified for next month.
b. No follow-up contact with Mrs Landry has yet been achieved.
a. All occupied plots now fully paid. 1 ½ vacant plots and no waiting list.
b. Four estimates for clearance to perimeter and vacant plot were considered. It was RESOLVED unanimously to ask Mr Chris Hyett of Landscaping & Garden Service to undertake the work estimated at £770. It was noted that uncut plot 22 now preventing access via paths
c. Cllr M Gough confirmed renewed tap installed and that hosepipes may now be used to extend reach to further plots.
Footpaths Officer Cllr Ferraby will be contacting Enviroability for clearance work.
11. Financial Matters
a. Receipts & Expenses for the year to date were presented along with budget progress summary.
b. Receipts of £3,628 from HCC for 16/17 Lengthsman/P3 grant and £52 for last allotment payment were noted.
c. It was RESOLVED to pay Lengthsman fee July £284 and Clerk salary July £259.08
d. Review of dormant Business Banking Account to be considered in due course
a. Applications decided – the following were noted
i. 163939 Great Woodend Farm – appeal decision Approved.
ii. 172243 Land adjacent Ivylea House – Refused.
b. Rural Area Site Allocation DPD – Clerk provided a brief summary of information available at consultation event on 11th July. Information received will be made available on the Linton(s) website in the NDP area.
13. Correspondence received – none
14. Chairman’s Announcements – none (see dates below)
15. Councillors Submissions – Cllrs suggested that to assist the current small number of Parish Councillors, working groups and associated organisations should consider nominating their Chairman or another member for co-option as a Parish Councillor to represent their organisation(s).
16. Public Submissions
the following dates for events and meetings in the Parish were submitted:
• 9th September – Community BBQ for Gordon and Diane Martin retiring from the Post Office/Shop at Gorsley Village Hall 5pm – 8pm
• 2nd September – Summer Sessions at the Alma.
• 14th September – Open Community Meeting regarding closure of Gorsley Post Office & Shop at Gorsley Village Hall 7:30pm
17. Next meeting to take place on Monday 11th September 2017 at LINTON Village Hall.
The meeting closed at 21:15.