Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 12th March 2018
At Linton Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough; Cllr B Clark; Cllr P Crumpton Cllr A Ferraby Cllr J Gough; Cllr S Morley; Cllr L Watkins; Cllr A Reeves.
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 4 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr N Jones
2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
3. Co-options: None
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 12th February 2018 it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record.
5. Clerk’s Report – none
6. Locality Steward and highways matters
a. Weekly reports: Noted. It was further noted that potholes on Linton Ridge urgently require repair. Various grit bins had not been replenished, in particular at junction of B4221 and U70240. Bin on Linton Ridge at junction U70239 and U70238 has been removed and all contents emptied onto road island.
b. Bus shelter at Gorsley Goffs – the Council received information from Clerk and Passenger Transport Team of Hereford Council that there is no budget for new shelters and a waiting list should the budget be reinstated. If approved and installed by HC a contribution of £1250 is required alternatively full cost may be met by Parish. Following discussion of need and cost it was agreed not to proceed but to keep under review.
c. Safety and road damage from Pallet business- Clerk reported that contact with Environmental Health had been passed to H&S who require a business name to proceed. It was also noted that fencing business on Revells Lane is storing at great heights and above those approved at planning and it was agreed to contact Planning Enforcement.
d. Lengthsmans report & additional works – It was noted that the water flooding down Burrups Lane is increasing and needs attention. Annual Maintenance plan and contract review to be discussed at next meeting.
7. Footpaths – work list had been supplied to EnviroAbility who have been asked to complete before the end of march.
8. Financial Matters
a. Current Expenditure & Receipts and progress against budget was noted.
b. Linton Village Hall fees – it was RESOLVED unanimously to accept an increase to £10/hour for exclusive hire of Linton Village Hall for normal meetings to ensure adequate parking space.
c. Payments – It was RESOLVED to approve the following payments HALC annual subscription £644.43; Wayne Reed Lengthsman monthly (Feb) £284.00; Elizabeth Malcolm -Clerk’s Salary £259.08, mileage & expenses £24.40
a. applications received:
i. 180487 Site adjacent to Royal Cottage – variation of condition 2. Following discussion the Council noted that the privacy to Holly Cottage was being respected and RESOLVED unanimously no objection.
ii. 180559 The Marshalls, Chapel Lane, Gorsley – proposed 2 new dwellings. It was noted that no yellow site notice had been seen and Clerk to urgently contact the Planning Department. A Councillor felt two houses was too dense. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED by majority (1 against, 7 in favour) to return no objection.
b. Applications decided since last meeting: None.
10. Talbots Well – Mr Hemingway of Walnut Cottage presented a number of issues of concern to him with respect to the Common Land boundary in the area of Talbots Well. These were discussed and it was RESOLVED to seek two further estimates for appropriate remedial action to the large Goat Willow tree as Mr Hemingway was concerned primarily from a public safety issue of the tree’s stability, especially if his works on Walnut Cottage necessitated branch removal where the tree was overhanging his property. It was also confirmed that other small coppice trees would be tidied by the Lengthsman.
11. Website – Cllr Reeves had circulated a proposal to upgrade the PC website to the HALC approved Eyelid platform adopted by over 50 other Parish Councils in the light of increased information flow needs of, NDP and Government Transparency & Planning. Cost to be met from NPD grant if possible. It was unanimously RESOLVED to approve the proposal.
12. Allotments – Ms Kirsty Attrell has applied for plot 22 and it was RESOLVED unanimously to grant first year (only) free of charge to reflect work needed to bring the plot back up to workable standard. It was noted that Mr John Smith had expressed interest in taking the half plot 5 and that Mr & Mrs James have enquired about obtaining a plot and will be placed on a waiting list.
13. Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Watkins provided a report on the well-attended Steering Committee meeting of 22nd February 2018. The Service Level Agreement with Hereford Council was agreed and signed by the Chairman.
14. Post Office & Shop – the Clerk provided a brief summary of progress as received from Steering Group briefings.
15. Correspondence – None
16. Public Submissions
a. A member of the Allotments expressed concern that a request for padlocks on the gates had not been discussed with allotment holders. It was agreed to alert Allotment holders via a notice on the gates and advice with renewal documents.
b. A request was made that the recommended budget contingency amount be made known.
c. A car accident in Revells Lane has damaged a fence. Clerk to establish who is responsible for repair
d. Salt bins on Frowens Lane are missing.
e. Request received to establish if a stable building being erected on road from Burton Mill to Linton village should obtain planning permission.
17. Chairman & Councillors’ submissions – The Chairman announced that he would not be standing for a further term at the next Annual meeting
18. Next Meeting – Monday 9th April 2018 at GORSLEY Village Hall.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 21:20.