Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 12th February 2018
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough; Cllr B Clark; Cllr P Crumpton Cllr A Ferraby Cllr J Gough; Cllr L Watkins; Cllr A Reeves; Cllr N Jones
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 11 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr S Morley
2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: Cllr Jones declared an interest in item 10.a.i.
3. Co-options: None
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 08th January 2018 it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record.
5. Clerk’s Report – Confirmed that advertisements for allotment plots had been circulated and the next Chimes report submitted to meet publication deadlines.
6. Locality Steward and highways matters
a. Weekly reports: Noted.
b. Bus shelter at Gorsley Goffs – Clerk confirmed that planning permission is not required for Council land and provided shelter not more than 4m high and 200cm2. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED to continue seeking clarification on next steps via Locality Steward.
c. Safety and road damage from Pallet business – following discussion it was RESOLVED to review the terms of planning permission given for business; seek advice of Environmental Health department and Fire Department; seek Locality Steward’s view of damage to road.
7. Lengthsman –
a. Lengthsmans report & additional works – The Lengthsman’s report was received. Additional work to be covered: tree stump in Pound to be cut back to prevent further damage; coppicing work at Quarry Lane and Quarry car park; coppice work at Talbots Well. Clerk with Cllr Jones and Lengthsman to review annual maintenance plan for submission to BBL.
b. Cllr Jones was thanked for his assistance with removal of tree stump from Woodend Lane and it was noted that Parishioners are invited to contact Cllr Jones for access to cut up for firewood. It was noted that overhanging trees on U70239(between Alma & Shutton Cross) have been cut.
8. Footpaths – work to be undertaken before end of financial year to be compiled by Cllr Ferraby with assistance from Cllr Reeves and Cllr Crumpton.
9. Financial Matters
a. Current Expenditure & Receipts and progress against budget was noted.
b. Payments – It was RESOLVED to approve the following payments Wayne Reed Lengthsman monthly (Jan) £284.00; Elizabeth Malcolm -Clerk’s Salary £259.08, Mileage £18.90
a. applications received:
Cllr Jones left the room.
i. 174766 Revells Farm, Linton – Removal of condition 3 agricultural occupancy. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED by 1 vote in favour, 2 votes against and 3 abstentions to object to the application.
Cllr Jones re-joined the meeting.
ii. 174757 land between East View & Whitehouse Cottages, Bromsash – proposed 6 dwellings. Following discussion and clarification from applicants, it was RESOLVED by 5 in favour and 3 against to approve the application.
iii. 180029 Land opposite Laburnum Cottage, Bromsash removal of condition 2&4 to re-site entrance to avoid crossing third party land. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to approve the application.
iv. 174654 Gorsley Baptist Church, Gorsley – Conversion of meeting room to Community shop and PO, and new door and access ramp. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to approve the application
v. 180234 4 Sundale, Gorsley – Alterations & extension & replacement oil storage tank. Following discussion, it was RESOLVED unanimously to approve the application
b. Applications decided since last meeting: None.
11. Neighbourhood Development Plan Cllr Watkins provided a report on the Steering Committee meeting of 25th January 2018.
12. Allotments – A quotation of £120 from Wayne Reed to supply and secure lorry tarpaulin to cover empty plot was discussed and it was RESOLVED to approve. A request was received for locks on the two main gates into the allotments. The Clerk is to investigate and report to next meeting.
13. Post Office & Shop – It was noted that an open meeting for all Parishioners to receive an update on progress had been held on 15th January 2018 at Gorsley Baptist Church, that Directors had been appointed and efforts were now in place to raise £35,000 start-up funding.
14. Correspondence – Clerk reported that Mr Heming had been invited to attend a Parish Council meeting following an email regarding Talbots Well. Natural England/Dr Starkey had made a second visit to the Quarry.
15. Public Submissions – It was reported that Manse Lane (U70234) has two sets of traffic measuring wires across it and the Parish Council was asked if it could discover the purpose of these.
It was noted that following persistent intervention with the Highways department by a member of the Parish, trees and coppice beside exit 3 of M50 had been cut back to provide greatly improved visibility.
A Parishioner reported a dangerous curb stone at bend/M50 exit at Jays Green/Golf Course. Clerk to contact the Locality Steward.
16. Chairman & Councillors’ submissions – None
17. Next Meeting – Monday 12th March at LINTON Village Hall. Some discussion of difficulty parking for meetings at Linton as evenings are run with the popular Pilates sessions in large hall. Cllr Reeves undertook to investigate what flexible arrangements might be possible.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 21:40.