Minutes of the meeting of the Council
On Monday 11th September 2017
At Linton Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Chairman Cllr M Gough; Cllr A Ferraby; Cllr J Gough;
In attendance: Ward Cllr Harry Bramer; Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm, 4 Parishioners.
1. Apologies for absence: Vice Chairman Cllr P Crumpton.
2. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
The Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed all attending. The meeting was then closed as insufficient Councillors were in attendance for a quorate meeting.
The Chairman invited attendees to remain for a general Parish meeting.
1) Ward Councillor’s report Ward Cllr Bramer presented his report for September.
2) Post Office & Shop: it was remarked that a meeting on Thursday 14th September would be taking place to hear proposals and it is hoped that a Steering Group will be formed.
3) Locality Steward and highways matters The Locality Steward’s weekly report of works undertaken in the Penyard area were presented.
a) the Lengthsman’s report was received.
b) Oak stump in Woodend Lane: The Clerk confirmed that phone calls had not been answered and a personal visit had not yet been achieved.
5) Allotments: It was noted that clearance work had been undertaken by Mr Hyett. It was also noted that the gate post on left of main entrance had been repaired.
6) Footpaths: Cllr Ferraby hoping to meet with Enviroability to discuss work needed.
a) Applications received were discussed,
i) *172713 Site adjacent to Royal Cottage, Gorsley – proposed 2 new dwellings
ii) *172924 land adjacent Ivylea House, Bromsash – Variation of Condition
iii) *173066 land opposite Laburnum Cottage, Bromsash – proposed 4 new dwellings. Clerk was asked to seek an extension to deadline for PC comments to allow discussion of this application at next meeting.
b) Lea Parish Council NDP section 14 consultation is now taking place, a link to the information is available on the Linton PC website on the NDP page.
c) Request to purchase a section of Talbots Well Common land by Mr Hemingway to be taken forward to the next PC meeting.
8) Financial Matters:
a) Expenditure & Receipts and progress against budget were supplied.
b) Salary payments to Lengthsman £284.00 and Clerk £259.08 were signed being payments due and approved by contract. All other payments for consideration at next meeting.
9) Chimes October issue PC editorial from draft minutes of September were circulated prior to submission to the Chimes editorial team.
10) Correspondence – none
11) Chairman’s Announcements – None
12) Councillors’ Submissions, None
13) Public Submissions – Various matters were discussed with Cllr Bramer.
Next meeting to take place on Monday 9th October 2017 at GORSLEY Village Hall.
The meeting closed at 21:10.