Minutes of the Meeting of the Council
On Monday 8th October 2018
At Gorsley Village Hall at 19:30
Present: Cllr P Crumpton (Chairman); Cllr M Gough; Cllr J Gough; Cllr N Jones; Cllr A Reeves (Vice Chairman); Cllr L Watkins
In attendance: Parish Clerk Elizabeth Malcolm. 8 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence: Cllr B Clark; Cllr A Ferraby; Cllr S Morley.
2. Co-options: None.
3. Declarations of interest and dispensation requests: None
4. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 10th September 2018 it was RESOLVED to agree and sign the minutes of the meeting as a true and accurate record.
5. Clerk’s Report – The Clerk’s report for the month was presented and noted.
a. Applications received
I. 183091 – Land adj. Pinford Farm, Linton – Retention of stable block and storage container and erection of new agricultural storage building. Mixed use of land for agriculture and keeping of private horses.
Following discussion, it was RESOLVED by majority (4 against & 2 in favour) to object to this application with the following comments:
• The proposed barns are large and will be visible from a great distance – including from the next settlement of Bromsash.
• The proposed barn is set in open countryside outside the built form of the village.
b. To note any applications decided since last meeting:
i. Appeal 180873 Land at Mill Villa – dismissed. Noted.
7. Dog Noise Nuisance issue – The Clerk reported advice from insurers that this is a Civil Law area. In all events a diary of events would be required. Actions of September meeting to be revisited and question of new licencing legislation terms to be investigated.
8. Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Watkins provided an up date on progress and confirmed questionnaires to distributed to all residents.
9. Allotments – Clerk reported Plot 4 has new tenant. Plot 8 still available. It was confirmed that volunteers currently cutting grass on west edge and along paths are happy to continue this task. Actions of September meeting to be followed up by Clerk.
10. Parish Trees Survey – it was agreed that the survey should cover Gorsley Quarry and Gorsley Common.
a. Report on receipts & payments and progress against budget was received and a copy is attached to these minutes.
b. It was RESOLVED To approve payments Gorsley Village Hall – Hall hire for NDP meetings, £143.00; Hoople Ltd – Address lists for NDP, £27.60; Wayne Reed – Lengthsmans monthly, £284.00; Elizabeth Malcolm – Clerk salary & expenses, £322.89 Dwr Cymru Cyf – Allotments water rates,£196.54
c. It was noted that Precept £4,500 contribution to Clerk training £83.33 and Wayleave of £73.09 had been received.
12. Locality Steward and highways matters:
a. weekly reports of activity in the Penyard Ward were noted. Clerk to report the lights at Gorsley Goffs: orange flashing and SID not working. Signs need cleaning.
b. Response to the General Scruity committee on highways maintenance – it was felt that certain items were never fixed despite being marked with white paint. Road maintenance felt to be too low on the list for expenditure.
13. Lengthsman – It was agreed that culvert at Fordings Lane be added to Lengthman’s task schedule. Fly tipping to be collected where manageable and reported to Locality Steward and large items to be reported to BBL and Locality Steward.
14. Footpaths Cllr Reeves undertook to draw up a schedule of action. Clerk to obtain some way markers.
15. Chimes – Clerk asked to include reporting fly tipping, landowners obligation to keep footpaths clear and Allotment available.
16. Public Submissions –
• Hedge at Broken Dean is growing over the footpath on B4221.
• Hedges raised in September remain uncut – further steps needed.
17. Chairman & Councillors’ submissions -None
18. Date of next meeting – the Parish Council meeting will take place on Monday 12h November at Linton Village Hall.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 21:00